- Agua Azul - Spanish for "blue water", is located, 69 kilometers from Palenque by the road that connects to San Cristóbal de las Casas.
The larger fall is 6 meters high.
The water is as blue as it looks on the pictures, only on a dry season -
- from December till March.
Bring swimwear, because it's pretty warm there and allowed to swim.
- Misol-Ha Waterfall - meaning "Streaming Water in the "Chol Maya".
It is one of the Chiapas state most incredible natural wonders as the river falls off the edge of a wall and 40 meters down into a deep pool of water surrounded by lush vegetation.
A small path can take you behind the water curtain created by the waterfall where you can walk inside the caves.
How to get there
- You can take collectivo from Palenque’s city and it will take around
60 minutes to get to Agua Azul and
90min to Misol Ha.
- Once you are at the crossroads to Agua Azul, grab a taxi or collectivo for 20pesos that will take you straight to waterfalls.
- Misol Ha is just a walking distance from the main road.
There are also direct connections from San Cristobal just outside the ADO bus terminal.
- Alternatively, you can find tour agency organized tours combining both waterfalls.