- Crossing from Argentina to Chile through the lake district involves
- lake crossing
Most people prefer doing tours when moving across the border. The tour takes 2 days normally, however, weather can affect that. This is how the tour is done;
Bariloche or Puerto Montt to Puerto Varas
- Bariloche and Puerto Montt are where the tours begin. (The two are the principal cities in this region)
- The trip by road to Puerto Varas takes about 1 hour.
Puerto Varas to Petrohue
- This is a trip by road. Petrohue is where the lake crossing will be done. This trip takes one and a half hours.
The lake crossing
- The lake channel used for crossing from Petrohue is famously known by the locals as Lago Togo dos Santos.
- It takes 2 hours to move across.
- You'll arrive at Peulla in Chile.
- NOTE; Throughout your trip the view of the Andes mountains from both the lake and the roads is amazing.