June is approaching fast and many snow lovers will be heading south, Argentina is one great destination if you love skiing, here winter lasts from June to September.
Here winter sports are done across the Andes mountains and there are quite a number of good spots depending on the city you're in.
These are the major cities along the mountains
- Ushuaia (world's most southernmost city)
- Caviahue ( is a relatively small town, the nearest airport is 360km away in Neuquen, however, there are road transfers from Neuquen to Caviahue)
- This ski area is located 112 kilometers from Mendoza, despite the distance, it's a good option since the area has everything you may need:
Four-star hotels and other budget accommodation options, a daycare, a commercial center, and clubs
- This site is only 26 kilometers from Ushuaia, however, there are about five restaurants if you wish to stay there.
- TIP: Many people prefer getting accommodation in Ushuaia, it's cheaper.
- Getting there is relatively difficult, however, it's an ideal place for extreme winter sports.