5 top tourist attractions in Bolivia
- Bolivia is one of the most remote countries on earth and it remains untouched by the passage of time.
- It has the highest population of indigenous people than any country in the Americas.
- The following attractions offer a once- in - a - lifetime experience.
- This is one of the most important precursors to the Inca Empire.
- Tiahuanaco represents the greatest megalithic architectural achievement of pre- Inca South America.
Salar de Uyuni
- It's one of the flattest places on earth covering 4000- square- miles of salt flats formed by a prehistoric lake.
- I'd recommend visiting this site during the rainy season as water overlying the cemented bricks of salt reflects a spectacular view of the sky.
- It's the largest lake in South America and is found at the border of Bolivia and Peru.
- Near the South- Eastern shore of the lake lies Tiwanaku.
- It is called the city of four names; Charcas, La Plata and Chuquisaca.
- It was founded in 1500 and offers a glimpse of the life of aristocratic Spain in the 16th century.
- Each year before Ash Wednesday, the city Carnaval del Oruro which is one of the most folkloristic and cultural events in South America.
- It's considered to retain most of the artistic expression coming from pre- Colombian America.