Minas Gerais steam trains
- I used this train to move from Sao Joao del Rei (SJDR) to Tiradentes (13km), the train only operates on weekends though, from Friday to Sunday, with 2 round trips daily.
- They were many such trains in Minas Gerais in the past but the SJDR to Tiradentes route is the only active one currently.
- The SJDR station is located right in the center of town, Brazil's largest railway museum is also based here.
- Tickets are available at the station, the prices are high but worth the experience.
- Whole way R$ 70.
- Round trip R$ 80.
- Halfway R$35
- Half round trip R$ 40.
- Kids under 5 years ride for free while seniors above 60 years, students and kids between 6 to 12 pay half the price.