First, if you want to avoid traffic here ditch the bus and taxis and move to this!
- Take advantage of the river, it runs across the city and is traffic less, here are ways to travel using the river.
- Fellucas, a felluca is a sailboat ride, you ride solo.
- There's also a river bus on the Nile, each river bus heads to a specific destination so be sure to board the right river bus.
- The Nile taxi, they fill up more quickly than the river buses and are less expensive than felluca.
- It's the fastest way to get around, however, the train stations are usually very overcrowded at peak hours.
- They're mostly found in downtown Cairo and Giza, most people use them for sightseeing but it's still ok to move around with one.