- Cape town waters have been known to have quite a number of sharks, however not all shark groups that pass by here pose danger to us.
What you need to keep in mind
- There's a group of people known as shark spotters who work to check for the presence of sharks and whether they're just passing by or could pose possible danger to people at the beach, its not in your place to watch out for sharks when at the beach, however if you like some little bit of adventure you can join the shark spotters.
- Don't cause any unnecessary alarm when at the beach, in case sharks that pose danger are spotted, the shark spotters will communicate and people shall be asked to leave the beach.
- Shark spotters have set up camps above most of the city's popular beaches and when you go to one you'll notice people with binoculars looking at the beach all day, don't freak out.
- NOTE: Cape Town doesn't have serious shark problems to the extent of discouraging you from going to the beach, its something that happens once in a while and the shark spotters are always watching out for possible shark attacks.