Gaining entry into the castle of good hope
- Being the oldest building in South Africa, most tourists have to visit the building when in Cape Town. Online tickets can be booked on the official castle of good hope website.
- At the gate, you are allowed to present paper tickets and online tickets.
- The castle of good hope is open from 9.00 am to 17.00 p.m and opens every day throughout the year except on Christmas and New year.
- Tickets are generally available, however, when there's an event at the castle there might a shortage, on such days get your ticket early.
- You're allowed to cancel your ticket within 24hours of purchase.
- Everyone is allowed into the castle. There are no restrictions.
- Tickets cost R50 for adults, R25 for adults and pensioners, and R8 for school groups.
What to expect inside
- Seeing the art and photography collections that depict the history of South Africa
- Tour through underground tunnels.
- Firing of the signal cannon.