Here's the brief from Gloria's original article:
- The hot air balloon scene isn't from a festival, it's an ongoing tourist attraction
- Turkey is rather conservative, however in Cappadocia you can wear shorts, skirts, dresses
- In March/early April when I went it's reasonably warm during the day but chilly at night. I wore mostly long skirts, sundresses, and loose-fitted clothing
- Best time to visit if you want to ride the balloon is April to June or September to October for the least likely chance of rain
- Cave hotels is a local specialty
- Koza Cave Hotel, where i stayed, has the highest rooftops in town!
- Sultan Cave Suites is where most instagram photos happen
- Local Cave House is picture perfect with a pool and unique backdrop
- IMPORTANT: book early!
- ATV/Quad tour: explore different valleys, villages and local areas #adventure #offthebeatenpath!
- Horseback ride - you can book with your hotels
- Ride a hot air ballon: I went up with Butterfly Balloons (a tour company) and the views are stunning from above
- Shopping at the market
Interacting with locals:
- It's a small town of only 2000 people, everyone is super friendly and hospitable
- make sure to have tea with a stranger - you will get offers from the locals ;)