After arriving at Santiago Airport (SCL), there are two options for public transport to get to the city center of Santiago, taxi, and bus.
A Santiago Airport Taxi ride usually takes around 25 minutes with normal traffic conditions and the prices can range from 20€ (15,000 CLP) to 50€ (35,000 CLP) depending on the taxi company, the time and the type of taxi you choose.
There are two bus routes going to central Santiago stations. The travel time of the buses varies from 35 minutes to 45 minutes depending on the traffic. Both the Centropuerto and the TurBus bus ticket cost 2.5€ (1,900 CLP) for a single ride and 4.5€ (3,400 CLP) for a return ticket.
Taxis from the airport are well organized.
You just need to visit one of the taxi company counters after you exit customs and buy a flat-rate ticket for your destination.
Then they will lead you to the main lobby, and pass you to someone, who will take you to your taxi driver.
- EasyTaxi is one of the safest options. A price from Santiago Airport to downtown should cost somewhere between $7,500-$10,000 Chilean pesos during low traffic, $15,000-$20,000 Chilean pesos during normal traffic.
Centropuerto offers a budget price bus ride from the airport to the city.
Stops are located next to the Metro stations
- Los Héroes,
- Estación Central,
- Universidad de Santiago,
- San Alberto Hurtado,
- Las Rejas, and
Additionally coming from the airport the bus also stops near
- Metros Barrancas,
- Unión Latino Americana, and
- Republica (after 9 pm).
Buses run every 10 minutes to the airport from 5:55 am until 10:30 pm and from the airport from 6 am until 11:30 pm.
- If you’re traveling with a lot of bags this may not be the best choice for you as the getting to the bus terminals from the Metro stations can be difficult.
TurBus offer 45-minute long transfers to the airport. If TurBus is your choice, visit your nearest TurBus office to get there the ticket.
Visit the website for locations.
Stops (both to and from the airport) are located at
- Terminal Alameda (Metro Universidad de Santiago),
- Andenes (platforms) 22 & 23,
- Terminal San Borja (Metro Estación Central)
- Andenes 9 & 10, and
- Pajaritos Metro station
Buses run from the airport every 20 minutes from 5 am until 12 am and hourly from 1 am until 4 am
There is no metro connection to the Airport, although many of the shuttle buses will stop at Pajaritos metro station.