CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL BLOG
WHERE IS CASA ELEMENTO?
Casa Elemento is located deep within the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range in Minca in Santa Marta.
HOW TO GET TO CASA ELEMENTO
Getting to Casa Elemento is a two-step process. First you must get from Santa Marta to Minca, and then from Minca to Casa Elemento.
Santa Marta - Minca
You get to Minca via collectivo bus or taxi from Santa Marta.
- The bus takes one hour and costs COP 8,000. The buses leave about every 20 minutes from the public bus stop on the corner of Calle 11 & Carrera 9.
You can also take a taxi to Minca, however it will be more expensive.
- The taxi only takes about 40 minutes to get from Santa Marta to Minca. The cost will be dependant on your negotiation skills, but definitely don't pay more than COP 80,000.
Minca - Casa Elemento
So you've gotten to Minca, and now you need to get to Casa Elemento. The hostel is located a further 30-40 minutes uphill on a bumpy, dirt road. The only way to get there is by motorbike or jeep.
- You can get a motorbike from Minca to Casa Elemento for COP 20,000. If you choose this option I would recommend to bring minimal luggage with you! The more luggage you have, the more weight will be on the motorbike and the more difficult it is to get up the hill!
- If you have a group or a lot of luggage, you can organise to get a jeep ride from Minca to Casa Elemento. This will cost around COP 100,000.
HOW MANY NIGHTS TO SPEND AT CASA ELEMENTO
- I would recommend staying at Casa Elemento for no more than 2 nights.
- There is no WiFi at Casa Elemento, and there honestly isn't too much to in Minca that you'd need to stay longer for.
- The best part about Casa Elemento is the serenity of being on top of the mountain completely surrounded by nature!
FOR THE FULL BLOG ABOUT CASA ELEMENTO, CLICK HERE!
By Wild & Away