- Vinales is a small municipality in north-central Pinar Del Rio province, just north of Vinales is Vinales Valley a UNESCO world heritage site and major tourist destination. Vinales valley attracts many tourists due to the traditional tobacco planting technique used as well as its hiking and rock climbing trails.
How to get to Vinales from Havana
- From Havana it takes 3 hours to get to Vinales, transport options from Havana to Vinales include
- Viazul buses- there are 2 Viazul that run from Havana to Vinales daily via Pinar Del Rio. Bus tickets cost 12 CUC. Mid this year Viazul changed their Havana bus station from Nuevo Vedado to Omnibus station in Plaza de Revolucion.
- Shared taxis- Shared taxis can be picked right outside the Viazul bus station in Havana. Shared taxis cost 20 CUC to Vinales. Beware those taxi drivers may claim to be heading to Vinales but instead drop you at Pinar Del Rio and have you pick another shared taxi to Vinales. Normally you'll pay an extra 1 CUC to complete the trip from Pinar Del Rio to Vinales.
- You can easily access the valley by minibus, the fare is 5 CUC. Entry to the valley is free except for some few sites.