Dongchuan red land is located in the northeast of kunming city. It is considered to be the most imposing red land in the world except Brazil. We went there as a photography trip.
The Red land scenic spots are relatively scattered, there are 3 main viewing routes: northwest, northeast and south, the most convenient way to visit is to charter a car.
We chartered a car, paid 500rmb for the whole day.
but you can also go by bus
- from Kunming: bus to Huashitou Village (花石头村) (direction: Fazhe 法者) from Kunming North Terminal
- cost: 37rmb/person
- schedule time: 7:50am, 8:30am - daily
What we saw inside the scenic area:
- Luoxiagou (the most beautiful in my opinion)
- The best time to visit are:
- April to May: when wheat is ripe
- September to December: when rapeseed flowers are flourishing
- February to March: when there is snow leftover in the fields
- I did apply some effect on my photos, the colours in real life is less vibrant especially on a gloomy day...so I highly suggest to check the weather before going