- This is an upcoming trend in the streets of downtown Cairo, the project is dubbed place a book, take a book. Currently, there are several outdoor book cabinets in Alfy and Emad El-Din Street in downtown Cairo.
- These cabinets are open and unmonitored 24/7. You can donate a book in any language as well get a book in any language. You also pick a book to go read and return it later.
Other free things to do in Cairo include;
- Visit Khan El Khalili Bazaar- its Cairo's oldest market, entry is free.
- Attend a free Tannaoura performance at Wekalet El Ghouri in Al Ahzar neighborhood, central Cairo.
- Attend folk music events at less than $2 or less in Bayt-Al Suhaymi along Al Darb Al Safr alley.