Egypt is one of the countries that requires Americans to present a Visa in order to travel to this country. There are different types of visas for US citizens depending on how long they intend to stay in Egypt.
For short term visits all for the love of tourism, they require all eligible travelers to present what they call as Egypt E-Visa or Egypt Online Visa before departure from your own country and upon your arrival at the Egyptian Port of Entry to the Egyptian Border Control. If you failed to obtain an Egypt E-Visa, you can avail the Visa On Arrival program where you have to queue at a kiosk in the airport to process your visa with 25 USD cash application fee upon your arrival in Egypt. But isn't that hassle?
- What are the requirements needed when applying for an Egypt E-Visa Application?
- US Passport with at least 8 months remaining from the date of arrival.
- Payment of Fees using credit cards or debit cards.
- Uploaded scanned copy of passport.
- Completed Application form with accuracy.
- What is the maximum stay with an Egyptian visa?
The maximum stay differs depending on the kind of visa that you have in your hands.
- Single Entry Visa - 30 days maximum stay
- Multiple Entry Visa- valid for 90 days maximum stay
The Egyptian Online Visa Application can be completed in just a matter of minutes. You just need to fill in some personal information needed for processing the visa. The visa is valid until 3 months from the date of issuance. You must apply for an E-Visa a week before your scheduled travel to give time for the visa to get processed. Once it is done, you will receive your long awaited email in your inbox.
Print it and you are good to go! Enjoy your vacation!