Giza, home to the great pyramids and the Sphinx. A trip to Giza can be absolutely unbearable without the right tips. Here's all you need to know before making a trip to Giza.
- Choose your hotel carefully. Preferably opt for a hotel near the pyramids to avoid traffic.
- You might also catch a glimpse of the pyramids from your hotel room should you lodge nearby.
- Arrive at the pyramids early, that way you can explore and move around before the heat is unbearable.
- It's better to visit on a Friday. It's a worship day and the streets are less packed and so are the pyramids!
- Pick out the clothes you wear wisely. Wear light fabrics due to the heat but ensure your clothes are not too tight, short or too low cut.
- Do not wear heels. The ground around the pyramids is sandy and quite rocky hence opt for sneakers
- Do not go up the pyramids, it's illegal!
- Carry plenty of bottled water.
- Apply a sufficient amount of sunscreen.
- Do not display affection in public. It's a crime and punishable by the law. Homosexuality is also illegal.
- Moving around on foot can get really hectic. You can get a horse or a camel ride around the pyramids.
- Avoid Scammers. Do not make eye contact or smile at fishy people.
With that in mind, enjoy your trip!