*Mind this is the MAIN airport in Frankfurt (FFM - Flughafen Frankfurt am Main) , not Frankfurt-Hahn Airport.*
There are 3 options to get from FFM to the city you have 3 options. The Best is Train as it's convenient and cheap. A taxi would have cost you more than EUR50, and buses are just about the same cost as train but twice the time and quite complex to get to.
- The station is a quick walk inside Terminal 1, runs every 15min. If you are in Terminal 2, there are free shuttles to get to T1.
- The S-bahn S8 / S9 will take you directly from the airport to the city centre in about 15-20min
- Tickets are EUR4,90 one way, you can buy tickets at :
- Vending machines (blue, with RMV sign on it) (I remember having issue with credit card, so better prepare small cash bills (max EUR20 bills) or coins just in case)
- Download the official RMV app and pay with credit cards - it's a handy app to have if you are staying in Frankfurt for a few days (What I always used)
- Reisezentrum ticket office (Terminal 1, Floor 0, Hall B)
- Easy access even if you have a lot of luggage, no struggle
Best stations to get off along the S-line:
- Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof (Central railway station - Hbf): to catch trains, or to transfer to U-line. Dom/Römer on U and is the heart of the old town
- Willy-Brandt-Plaz: cross the bridge you get to the museums
- Konstablerwache station and Hauptwache Station: modern shopping streets, nice to walk around
Frankfurt Public transportation map below in case this would be helpful for anyone