Hengdian World Studios (横店影视城) in China is the largest film studio in the world, majority of the Chinese TV series and films that feature ancient scenes are made here - Known as the "Chinawood"
I took my parents to Hengdian this weekend. It is made up by 6 major studio sets and numerous small sites - it's enormous inside!
We took train from Nanjing to Yiwu, then bus at the Yiwu station directly to Hengdian
We covered the following in 2 days - mind that each site requires a separate ticket (range from 40-270rmb), or you can buy All Passes (430-610rmb).
1. Qin Palace:
- Replica of Xianyang, the capital of Qin Dynasty (BC223)
- The first site closest to the entrance
- everyday at 10am and 3pm there are performances in front of the palace
2.Qingming Shanghe Tu (translates to: Along the River During Qingming Festival)
- Built based on a painting from Song dynasty (1145) depicting the capital at the time Bianjing (Luoyang today) during Qingming Festival (April 5)
- There are daily performances, our favourite is the acrobat show called "bian liang yi meng"
- Replica of old streets in Guangzhou and Hongkong in early 1800s
- We ran into a film set there!
4.Ming Qing Place
- A 1:1 replica of the Forbidden City in Beijing - so it's really big inside
- 130rmb to get in. You can rent bikes for 60rmb, me and my parents just took the buggy to get around for 200rmb/person
- You can rent outfits to take photos inside Taihe Dian for 200rmb lol