How To Get To Howick Falls:
- Howick Fall is situated in Howick town just outside of Pietermaritzburg.
- It is located within 70 minutes drive from Durban and just 20 minutes drive from Pietermaritzburg.
- A public bus company Greyhound runs daily and takes only 30min and 10Eur to get to Howick town
- or you can take a taxi (around 20Eur) to take you there
What else to do once in Howick
- Treetop Zip Line Canopy tour
It's about 10 km outside of Howick in the valley of the Karkloof Forest Reserve. This tour is a must if you love an adventure.
Visit WESSA (The Wildlife and Environment Society of South Africa) in the Umgeni River valley too. Most of the reserve is located in the canyon below the Howick Falls.
Rumour has it that the Nottingham Road Hotel is haunted "by a lady ‘of loose morals’", where she has been spotted on numerous occasions, specifically in room 10.
While you’re in town, also try to visit the Nottingham Road Brewery, located on at Rawdon’s Hotel. It's a microbrewery, try their Pickled Pig Porter, Whistling Weasel Pale Ale, and Pye-Eyed Possum Pilsner.