- Wifi at OR Tambo is only free for the first 4 hours or when you use 1GB of data, whichever comes first.
- Wifi is available in the following areas.
At terminal A (International)
- At all airline lounges, at the mezzanine floor and international arrivals terminal.
At terminal B (Domestic)
- At retail restaurants, departure restaurants and boarding gates.
- The network is called airport free, once you click on it you'll be given login instructions. You'll have to enter your email and phone number to login.
- Once the 4 hours elapse or the 1GB data limit is reached you'll have to top up and continue using the wifi on a pay as you go basis.
- To purchase wifi, you'll have to change the network to a network called airports premium wifi .
- Alternatively, you can use an internet cafe, cash vouchers can be bought at Postnet located at the food court level.
- You can use the cash voucher at all internet cafes within OR Tambo operated by ACSA, Always on and internet solutions.
Other South African airports with free wifi
- Cape town international airport and King Shaka international airport in Durban have the same wifi restrictions as OR Tambo.
- The following airports also have free wifi but with a 500MB/ 4 hours restriction.
- Port Elizabeth international airport.
- East London airport
- George airport
- Kimberley airport
- Bram Fischer international airport
- Upington international airport