How to do a mexico food tour
- I was quite impressed to learn that you can book a food tour with a tour agency in Mexico city rather than going around by yourself getting food randomly from vendors, not safe.
The tours are in both English and Spanish so you can join the group that speaks the language you understand. Both tours still cost the same $80, you're served with the same dishes regardless of the group.
- The foods served to you include Pre-Hispanic dishes to modern Mexican cuisine, a total of 8 dishes.
- Alcoholic drinks are also part of the tour package.
- The food tour usually takes place at the Historic center in downtown Mexico, the group meets their guide at a restaurant nearby and go to the various designated stalls within Historic center.
- The tour is also inclusive of a walking tour around the market and the guide explains the various aspects of Mexican culture in the market.
Children must be accompanied by adults. They are charged different rates though, subject to discussion with your tour agency.