How to do a mexico food tour
- I was quite impressed to learn that you can book a food tour with a tour agency in Mexico city rather than going around by yourself getting food randomly from vendors, not safe.
- The tours are in both English and Spanish so you can join the group that speaks the language you understand. Both tours still cost the same $80, you're served with the same dishes regardless of the group.
- The foods served to you include Pre-Hispanic dishes to modern Mexican cuisine, a total of 8 dishes.
- Alcoholic drinks are also part of the tour package.
- The food tour usually takes place at the Historic center in downtown Mexico, the group meets their guide at a restaurant nearby and go to the various designated stalls within Historic center.
- The tour is also inclusive of a walking tour around the market and the guide explains the various aspects of Mexican culture in the market.
- Children must be accompanied by adults. They are charged different rates though, subject to discussion with your tour agency.