- The pyramids are located within Teotihuacán, a vast archaeological site found 40 km northeast of Mexico City.
Step by guide on how to board the bus
- There are many tour agencies that have daily excursions to the site, however, it's an unnecessary expense.
- Instead, take the metro for wherever you are within Mexico city and head to the Central de Notre metro station.
- Directly opposite the Central metro station is the Autobuses station, where you'll find buses heading to Teotihuacán.
- Once inside the bus station on your left, you'll see a number of stalls that sell bus tickets, head to the stall labeled Teotihuacán/ pirimades. Purchase your ticket, they cost 52 Mexican pesos.
- The staff here speak both English and Spanish, they'll ask you whether you want to purchase the return ticket as well if you don't want to limited by time while at the pyramids, decline
- You'll spot the buses heading to the pyramids, they've been labeled pirimades on the front.
- Your ticket has the bus and seat number indicated, as well as departure time.
- Once you board, enjoy the trip, the bus will stop right outside the pyramids gate, alight there.