Following the recent Likoni tragedy that claimed 2 lives, it is important to know the safety guidelines before using the ferry.
The following is a complete guide on your safety on-board.
Safety tips for drivers
- Follow the signs to the ferry carefully.
- Drive within the stipulated speed limit.
- ALWAYS allow plenty of room to break-turn.
- ALWAYS apply your hand-break before turning your engine off/on.
- NEVER start your engine until the traffic ahead of you has disembarked.
- ALWAYS lower your windowpane.
- ALWAYS unbuckle your seat belts.
- If possible, get out of your car and get in once you arrive on the other side.
Safety tips for passengers
- NEVER sleep on the floor. If dizzy, move away from the edges.
- Avoid the vessel's vehicle deck as it may be slippery.
- Familiarize yourself with the location of life jackets and evacuation stations.
- Avoid standing near the back or front, especially where there are no barriers.
- ALWAYS hold your child's hand. Don't allow them to play when on board.
- Riding bikes, skating or any other sport when onboard, is prohibited.
- NEVER climb on or over railings or any other structures that may slip or fall.
NOTE: Always use your common sense.