If you are a woman visiting Morocco here are a few tips that you could use:
- Morocco is a very liberal country, despite its location.
- Women in Morocco do not usually wear hijab(headscarf). However, if you are inclined to the culture you could dress in one.
- In as much as Morocco is liberal, one should not expose too much skin while in the country. This includes shorts, low-neck tops.
- Such kinds of clothing can be subjected to scrutiny and can lead to your discrimination.
- During popular hammam(steam baths.) Women can be observed attending in their underwear or some go naked.
- However, men are not allowed to go into hammams naked.
- Women can be subjected to cat-calls and in case this occurs do not be afraid of asking for help from local women as such behavior is not welcomed kindly.
- With that being said, avoid staying in dingy neighborhoods and hotels.
- Make sure to do adequate research on your hotel and its environs before booking as women are vulnerable to attacks by local gangs
Morocco still remains a country with exotic tastes for you to enjoy therefore do not be scared of taking a visit there. Enjoy