Your KRA PIN is your Personal Identification Number used while doing business with KRA or any other service providers in Government Agencies.
The importance of having a KRA PIN
You will need a KRA PIN if;
- You wish to apply for a HELB loan
- You are employed
- You are in business
- You want to perform various transactions such as;
- Application of VAT registration
- Registration of motor vehicles
- Registration of titles
- To facilitate goods importation among others.
How to register for a KRA PIN
- The whole process is done online on iTax.
- You will be required to duly fill an online registration form.
- Upon successful completion, ONLY Residents will receive their PIN certificate.
- Non- residents, however, receive an online acknowledgement receipt which should be presented to Times Tower together with other documents in order to complete their KRA PIN registration process.
Requirements for Residents
- Business registration certificate details if the Resident is in business or,
- The employer’s PIN details if the Resident is employed.
- National Identification card (ID) if the Resident is a citizen or,
- An Alien Identification card if the Resident is a Non- citizen.
Requirements for a Non- residents
- KRA PIN application acknowledgement receipt
- Letter of introduction by employer if the Non- resident is employed
- Original valid passport of applicant
- Employers PIN
- Valid Special Pass of applicant
NOTE: there are more categories of persons applying for the KRA PIN certificate and I advise further clarifications from the approving officers at Times Tower ground floor at the banking hall.
How to download your KRA PIN Certificate
- Visit the iTax portal
- Enter your KRA PIN number
- Enter your iTax password and solve the arithmetic question
- iTax account iPage will appear on your screen
- Click on the registration tab the reprint PIN certificate
- Download the KRA PIN certificate, the process is complete.