There are 4 ways to get to the Standard Gauge Railway station in Syokimau from Nairobi.
You'll be required to either use a bus, taxi, private car or a town car if you are to arrive on time for your train.
- The distance between Nairobi and the SGR station in Syokimau is about 18.8km.
Cost of travel
- Whether you use a private car, a taxi, a bus or an Uber that entirely depends on you.
- However, the prices of each means differ slightly.
- For an Uber, you'll be charged around $5-$6.
- For a town-car or a Matatu, you'll be charged around $1-$3 or less depending on the weather and the time.
NOTE: Matatu operators have a tendency of hiking the fares. I'd recommend using a Matatu during normal hours to avoid extra costs. You can catch matatus to the SGR station in town near the old railway station.
- For taxi users, you'll be charged around $40-$55.
- Bus users are charged the least - less than $1.
Duration of travel
- If you wish to use a taxi or an Uber, expect to arrive in the Syokimau SGR Station in 18 minutes time. However, this is entirely dependent on the state of traffic in Nairobi.
- A bus will take 39 minutes to arrive at Syokimau.