If you would like to move from one point in Nairobi to another without being affected by the hectic traffic jam, then using a Boda Boda might be one of the few viable options you have.
Boda Bodas are motorcycles or bicycles typically used for transport.
- In Nairobi, the term "Boda" prevails more than the full name, Bodaboda.
- Like all public transport means, Boda Bodas come with their share of advantages and disadvantages.
Why use a Boda Boda?
- It's cheaper than an Uber.
- It is fast. A Boda can maneuver around the streets of Nairobi to escape traffic.
- Can offer door to door services.
- It is flexible. Boda Boda transport doesn't require a routine.
- Highly ubiquitous as compared to Ubers or Matatus
Reasons not to use Boda Bodas
- Has a less developed ride-sharing company. Accessing a Boda Boda might require you to get to the stage or, make private arrangements with your trusted Boda Boda operator.
- Very unsafe. Boda Bodas have contributed to a lot of accidents and collisions leading to unnecessary injuries or untimely deaths.
- A Boda Boda should carry ONLY one passenger.
- The passenger MUST wear their helmet and a reflector.
- Boda Bodas are banned from accessing Nairobi's CBD if you need to move around CBD go for an uber or taxi.