In Kenya, the law requires that all foreign nationals residing in Kenya for a period exceeding 90 days be registered.
This applies to anyone who isn't a Kenyan citizen or isn't regarded as a Kenyan citizen by law - if he/she revoked their Kenyan citizenship.
- A copy of a valid passport for identification regarding your nationality.
- A fully filled and signed online application form for an Alien ID.
- A copy of a valid pass/permit.
- 2 recent coloured passports on a white background.
NOTE: the passports should not be taken more than 12 months prior to the application date.
- If you wish to renew your Alien ID, you'll be required to produce your old foreign certificate ( alien ID )
- If you lost your Alien ID and need to apply for a new one, you'll be required to produce a valid police abstract as proof of loss.
If you belong to any of the following categories, you are not eligible to apply for an alien ID.
- If you reside in Kenya for a continuous period not exceeding 3 months and you have a valid visitors pass.
- A registered refugee.
- A serving member of the armed forces.
- Public officer, your spouse and children.