There are 5 ways to get from Auckland to Wellington, New Zealand by car, air, bus or train.
1. Fly From Auckland to Wellington
39 Victoria St West to Stop D International Terminal
- A bus serves this route every 30 minutes.
- Takes 47 minutes to arrive at the airport terminal.
- The bus ticket costs USD 12.
Flight From Auckland to Wellington
- The duration of travel is 1h 5m.
- Ticket prices range between USD 50 to USD 170.
From Wellington Airport to Wellington CBD
- A bus serves this route 3 times a day and takes only 25 minutes.
- Pay between USD 9 to USD 14.
2. From Auckland, Fly to Paraparaumu, Take a Train to Wellington
Take the SkyBus from 39 Victoria St West to Stop D International Terminal.
Fly From Auckland to Paraparaumu
- Takes only 1h 20 minutes.
- Ticket prices range from USD 80 to USD 130.
Kapiti Road at Cedar Drive to Paraparaumu Station- Stop B
- To arrive at Kapiti Road, you need to take a 1km walk from the airport.
- Averagely, you'll spend only 12 minutes.
- Here, you'll board an hourly bus that takes only 7 minutes to reach its destination.
- Expect to pay between USD 1 and USD 3.
Paraparaumu to Wellington via Porirua Station
- The first route takes 33 minutes.
- Ticket prices range between USD 5 to USD 7.
- The second route takes 21 minutes.
- Costs between USD 2 to USD 4.
- The trains serving this route arrive after every 30 minutes.
3. Take a Direct Train From Auckland to Wellington
- This route is served by KiwiRail (Northern Explorer) Company.
- Has a frequency of 3 times a week.
- Takes 10h 40m.
- Estimated ticket price of USD 110 to USD 170.
4. From Auckland's CBD to Wellington's CBD by Bus
- This route is served by InterCity Coachlines.
- Operates once daily.
- 11h duration of travel.
- Ticket prices estimate is between USD 35 to USD 55.
5. Drive From Auckland to Wellington
- Takes 7.5 hours.
- A travel distance of 642km.
- Approximate fuel price of USD 87 to USD 126.