HOW TO HIKE THE STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN: FULL BLOG HERE.
IS IT ILLEGAL?
- Yes, it is illegal to hike the stairway to heaven.
- It is a $1000 fine if you get caught.
IS IT WORTH THE RISK?
- YES, YES, YES!
- It's an incredible experience and the views are worth it!
WHAT TO BRING:
- Hiking Boots
- A jacket
- Portable charger
- Several bottles of water
- A beer or two
- Sandwiches and snacks
WHAT TIME TO START HIKING?
- To avoid the guards, you will want to start your hike at 3-4am to make it up in time for sunrise.
HOW TO GET THERE?
- Car: here's the catch. Even if you get caught walking around in the neighbourhood you will get fined. If your car is parked in the neighbourhood it will get towed.
- Uber: the best way to get there is by Uber. They will drop you off at one of the entrance's and you won't have to worry about getting towed.
- PLEASE NOTE: there are security guards and police officers patrolling the area so you have to be quick and ready to head straight for the entrance.
READ THE FULL BLOG TO FIND OUT HOW TO ACTUALLY FIND THE STAIRS AND WHERE TO ENTER.
BY WILD & AWAY