- EU citizens can stay in Paraguay no more than 90 days without a visa as long as they have a valid passport.
- For other countries who do need a visa, they have to be acquired before arrival or on arrival into Paraguay's Asuncion International Airport. For more info please check your country's travel organization.
- If you are planning to enter Paraguay by land or by boat, you must order a visa before it. Prices and conditions for visas vary depending on nationality and you can only pay for your visa with US dollars.
- Asuncion (the capital; 680,000),
- Ciudad del Este (500,000),
- San Lorenzo (270,000), Concepcion (200,000),
- La Encarnacion (100,000).
The currency of Paraguay is the Guarani (PYG). Currently the least valued currency in the Americas, $1USD equals over 5,200 Paraguayan Guarani.
5.Transport in Paraguay
The easiest way to get around Paraguay is a bus. The country has an extensive bus system – but don’t expect luxury. It’s also designed for locals and not for tourists so be sure you are getting the right bus for your destination.
Taxis are cheap and available in the bigger cities. You’ll also find guys on motorbikes (moto taxi) who will be able to take you short distances in the rural areas for a few dollars
6.While in the country
- Be aware that local protests can block roads including major highways, this can lead to significant delays on your travel plans.
- The best roads are between major cities and to Buenos Aires in Argentina.
In countryside areas, a road can be a dirt track if you are lucky.
- Pickpocketing and other small crimes do occur on public transport. Always keep your belongings close and your valuables out of sight.
7.Medical and health in Paraguay
Yellow fever is at high risk in Paraguay and it's recommended to get vaccinated before your trip.
Dengue Fever is another significant health risk which spreads around the country. Take the necessary precautions so you don't sick.
Zika virus is broad in Paraguay. The only solution is to protect yourself from bites as there is no vaccine currently available.
- Although there is no known effective Malaria vaccine, the use of malaria treatment is recommended.
- It's recommended to get Hepatitis A vaccinations and take other preventative measures such as only drinking boiled water, or eating raw foods.
Good personal hygiene is a must while traveling to avoid traveler's diarrhea.
If you plan to travel in the countryside, use only bottled or boiled water.
- Medical treatment is available in the capital, Asuncion and also in Ciudad del Este and Encarnación.
- Get a good insurance
8.When is the best tie to visit Paraguay?
- Travel to Paraguay is pleasant year-round, as there are only two main seasons: hot, and extremely hot.
December to February is the peak heat.
- While the rest of the year stays warm weather with temperatures of +23C to +29C daily. There’s no rainy season but more rain can surprise between March and November.