I took the Penang Hop On Hop Off Bus from George Town to the Penang National Park
- The bus has 2 routes (city and beach), the beach route goes to the park
- Ticket price is 45 ringgit ($12) for a 24-hour pass. 55 ringgit for a 3-day pass. I bought ticket with cash at the boarding station. So this would include your fare back to George Town as well after you're done
- It took about 50 minutes from George Town to the park
- The beach route bus boarding point is 5-minute walk north of the Gurney Paragon shopping mall, before the big roundabout, on the west side of Gurney Drive. Here it is on Google Maps. You'll see a small booth for the HOHO bus
- This is the official route map of the Penang Hop On Hop Off Bus. You can also see it on their website. Boarding is at point 01. National Park is point 20.
- It takes you to other points of interest along the way, like Batu Ferringhi, the beach resort town of Penang.
- Open air seating on top of the bus gives good view of the surrounding
- Hop On Hop Off bus is not the cheapest nor the quickest way to get to the national park
- It's not rare for the the bus to miss a scheduled time slot because it broke down (happened to me. I was supposed to take the noon bus, but it broke down so I had to take the 1pm bus)
- The boarding point is a 50-minute walk north of historic centre of George Town
Public transit: Penang Rapid bus route 101. Costs just 4 ringgit ($1) to go from George Town to the National Park. I didn't take it but I saw some tourists take it. I don't know how to actually take this route but you can check this website for more info. I believe the bus has a number of stops in George Town
Grab taxi: when I did a fare estimate it came out to 27 ringgit each way between the centre of George Town and the entrance of the Penang National Park. I'm not sure how easy it is to get a Grab from the park back to George Town though