Since Philippines is a tropical country, I packed for things needed in a climate just like Thailand. Included at least two pairs of socks, hiking shoes, cotton shirts and pants and inflatable pillow. I also brought with me a sunscreen lotion, cap and a nice sunglasses to protect myself from the heat. I researched for the tourist attractions in Manila and places nearby it along with its security. I have read a travel guide book regarding Philippines and brought with me a map that can help me with the directions. Since pick-pocketing and snatching is quiet rampant in Philippines, I secured my things in a backpack and stroller with a lock.
- Be vigilant. Swindlers are everywhere.
- Be respectful to everyone.
- Mind your things. It can get stolen.
- Know the Philippine currency and the value of Philippine money.
- Learn to speak English. Almost everyone in this country speaks the language