If you haven't been to the Philippines yet, get there ASAP because you're missing out big time! Click here to read our full Philippines Backpacking Guide.
BEST TIMES TO TRAVEL TO THE PHILIPPINES
- Dry season (November - May)
- Wet Season (June - August)
- Typhoon Season (September - October)
HOW TO PACK WHEN BACKPACKING THE PHILIPPINES
- Flip Flops AND sneakers
- Backpack NOT a suitcase
PHILIPPINES BACKPACKING BUDGET
- Hostel beds are usually under $10 USD/night
- 5-star hotels usually under $80 USD/night
- If you're on a backpacking budget, allow yourself $50 USD per day!
ARRIVING INTO THE PHILIPPINES
- Manila is the capital city and the best/cheapest place in the Philippines to fly into. The airport in Manila is called Ninoy Aquino International Airport.
GETTING AROUND THE PHILIPPINES
- Plane - if you're in a rush
- Boat - to get from island to island e.g. Coron to El Nido
- Bus - easy and affordable
BEST PLACES TO VISIT IN THE PHILIPPINES
- El Nido
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILED GUIDE ON BACKPACKING PHILIPPINES