- You can't afford to go to this carnival without one or two tips in mind. Here are some tips to help you out.
Gather your group
- The more, the merrier plus you'll need people to watch out for you the entire time you'll be at the festival otherwise you can lose your stuff and even get harassed by drunkards.
Select your bloco
- A bloco is a street party, and many blocos make up the entire carnival. Some blocos may be calmer and less crowded than others. Low key blocos such as the one on banda de Ipanema and Sargento pimenta are some of the best for novices and tourists.
Know how you'll make your way back
- Ubers and taxis are on extremely high demand during the carnival and getting one is a hustle. You can either rent a car or have a driver whom you'll just call to pick you up when you want to leave.
- The place is crowded and with all that movement you'll need to keep yourself hydrated.
- The carnival is pretty safe but drinking till you black out is still a NO.
- Leave your cards in your room, just have your phone and some cash on you.