Budget tips for Sao Paulo
- I consider Sao Paulo to be the most expensive Brazilian city, but with these tips in mind, you can visit Sao Paulo without draining your bank account.
Budget transport tips
- For your movements around the city, use the metro and get a Bilhete Unico ( metro card). This way you spend less than $5 on transport per day.
- On Sundays, you can consider renting a bike as the streets are usually not crowded.
Meal budget tips
- Get your meals at Mercado municipal square and Liberdade neighborhood market. There are restaurants offering Brazilian and international cuisine for less than $20.
Tours budget tips
- Visit places where entry is free or costs less than $30 at most. These include
- Ibirapuera park- entry is free
- Sao Paulo art museum- entry is BRL 15. One of the largest and cheapest flea markets is outside the museum every Sunday.
- Sao Paolo aquarium in Iparinga - entry is BRL 30.