How to get to Siargao Island in the Philippines
Siargao or Cloud 9 - is almost synonymous to surfing! And as being passionate surfer - once I heard of it I wanted to go there.
But of course there are more than the waves, there are other attractions to do on the island.
- natural pools and beach of Magpupungko in the Pilar
- sand bar and white sand islands off General Luna
- the underwater caves and unspoiled sites around the island
- SUP in Sugba Lagoon;
- bird watching
- or explore other beaches, waterfalls, and natural attractions of the place.
It is charming eco-tourism destination.
How to Get to Siargao
- To Siargao Island has an airport - Sayak Airport only Skyjet and Cebu Pacific fly there direct from Manila.
- There are two additional airlines - Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pacific , which offer flights from Manila to Siargao, however, they will all make a stop in Cebu
There is also the overnight passenger boat from Cebu to Surigao City with "Cokaliong Shipping Lines". The ferry departs from Cebu daily and you can book even a private cabin.
Once in Surigao Island
- After arrival in Surigao City, catch a tricycle to take you to the port where boats or RoRo Ferry to Dapa Port of Siargao dock.
- There are daily trips from Surigao to Dapa, the earliest leaving at 5AM and the latest at around noon.
- Boats leave from different port then the RoRo Ferry, so make sure to tell the driver on where you intend to go
- From Dapa Port, transfer to a tricycle or habal-habal to take you to General Luna.
- Van transfer from Sayak Airport, Siargao to Cloud 9 takes about 45-60 minutes.
- Van transfer from Dapa Port on Siargao to Cloud 9 takes about 30-45 minutes.
P.S. Don't miss the Tayangban Cave Pool. Was one of the highlights on Siargao Island