You can go and pick your own cherries at an orchard in Ceres, a 1.5 hour drive from Cape Town
- The farm is open for Cherry picking every year in December only.
- You pay a small entrance fee, they give you a punnet and you can take a ladder if you want.
- After you have picked your desired amount of cherries, they weigh them and you pay R60 per kilogram.
- You can also bring a picnic basket and have lunch under the trees.
- They have a campsite that is open year-round. They sometimes get snow in winter.
- Just google Klondyke Cherry Farm in Ceres for directions.