How to board the ferry from Morocco to Spain
- At the strait of Gibraltar Morocco and Spain are only 14kilometres away. The distance is very narrow however not narrow enough to swim across. Do not try swimming.
- Tangier is the main exit point to Spain and there are 3 routes that can be taken from this port city.
- You can also board a ferry to Spain from Ceuta and Mellila
- Note: The Tangier port is 40kilometres east of the city center. You can get there by taxi or bus.
- There are quite a number of routes you can take from Tangier, these are the most common.
- It's the busiest route, with approximately 35 ferry routes leaving for Spain daily.
- Five ferry companies operate this route: Balearia, Transmediterrenea, Intershipping, AML, and FRS, with Balearia offering the lowest rates at €22.
- It takes 26 hours to move from Tangier to Barcelona.
- Prices per seat start at €81.
- There are only six trips to Barcelona per week so book your spot early.
- This route has up to 14 sailings daily.
- Prices start at €30.