Tanzania is a major attraction site including attractions such as wild animals and game, various species of birds. Volcanic features such as mountains, craters, and lakes.
- Tanzania has two major seasons, i.e. the rainy season and the dry season.
- It is most wet during the months of March to May and driest between November and February.
- The best time to visit national parks and game reserves is between the month of July and August. During these months, the Savannah is dry and hence animals gather around water points for a drink.
- During the driest months, animals migrate to wetter areas and therefore it is usually harder to see these animals together.
- You can plan to visit and hike the Kilimanjaro any time of the year but during the drier months, the experience becomes better.
- This is because the hike is less likely to be interrupted by rains and floods and the temperatures also increase.
- The rainy season is usually perfect with bird watching as many of the birds have migrated into the region. However other animals take this time to hibernate and to mate.
- During the months of July and August, the hotels and lodges are usually at peak season hence those seeking accommodation need to do it in advance.