For those of you visiting Beijing for the first time, the Great Wall is one of them ~ but the Great Wall has the Badaling Great Wall, the Arrowhead Great Wall, the Juyongguan Great Wall, the Mutianyu Great Wall . Why we choose the Mutianyu Great Wall? As an enthusiast who has climbed the Great Wall N times, I'd like to share some of my experiences and strategies with you.
- Destination: Mutianyu Great Wall (in Huairou).
- How to get there: Take the Mutianyu Bus offered by the Great Wall Adventure Club - One stop directly to the Mutianyu Great Wall.
- How to play: Take the box cable car (this cable car is random, depending on the luck), to the No. 14 enemy building. The No. 14-20 Enemy Building is the best route to the Mutianyu Great Wall.
- Here you will go through: the Mutianyu Great Wall 5A scenic attraction stone, the graffiti wall (the only section of the Great Wall that allows tourists to paint graffiti), the word "loyal to Chairman Mao" on the hill, the highest point of the open section No. 20 enemy building, the unopened Great Wall.
- How long to play: It is suggested to play for 2-3 hours on average, according to the individual physical strength.
- How to eat: It is recommended to bring some snacks reserve.
- On the mountain restaurant: out of the ticket gate, there are SUBWAY, You Shunju, Mutianyu Great Wall Hotel and so on.
- Yamashita restaurants: Burger King, Family Restaurant, Tien Yuan Tea House, Kahlez, and more.
Among all the Great Wall sections, why Mutianyu?
- Juyongguan vs. Mutianyu Great Wall: Juyongguan is newly built and the distance is short. The Great Wall of Mutianyu is recommended.
- The Great Wall of Jiankou vs Mutianyu: The Jiankou Great Wall is built on top of a strange cliff with a dangerous mountainous terrain. It is not recommended to climb with the family and the elderly and children. The Great Wall at Mutianyu is recommended.
- The Great Wall at Badaling vs. Mutianyu Great Wall: both Great Wall are the best section, but in peak season Badaling is crowded with people and no scenery to speak of. The Great Wall at Mutianyu is recommended.
- Each section of the Great Wall has its own essence and desirable points, but a comprehensive comparison, the preferred recommendation is the Mutianyu Great Wall.
- Few tourists and beautiful scenery. This section of the Great Wall is the essence of the Great Wall of the Ming Dynasty, the ancient walls, pines, distant mountains, mist, is already a historical scroll.
- The Beijing-Chengdu Expressway to the Great Wall at Mutianyu is a smoother passage. It saves a lot of time on the road.
- Experience good word of mouth. The Mutianyu is the top spot on the list of the best places to visit in Beijing by the international authoritative travel forum "tripadvisor". It's already very convincing with the praise from hikers.
Many foreign dignitaries have also visited Mutianyu Great Wall, such as Mrs. Trump, former First Lady Michelle, former US President Bill Clinton, former British Prime Minister Major, Mr. and Mrs. Bill Gates and so on.
Features of the Great Wall at Mutianyu
- Vegetation coverage rate is high--the plant species in the scenic area is extremely rich, the vegetation coverage rate is as high as more than 96%, with different scenery and pleasant scenery throughout the year, enjoying the beauty of "The Great Wall, Mutianyu unique show" at home and abroad.
- Peculiar Platform: The No.4 Beacon Platform is composed of three hollow enemy towers, which stand side by side, and this kind of unique construction is rare in the Great Wall.
- Intensive enemy building - from the Muzi word one (large corner of the building) to the Muzi word four Taiwan (is off Taiwan), less than 500 meters, there are four enemy buildings; from the Muzi word one to the Muzi word twenty Taiwan, the length of only 3,000 meters, the enemy building, enemy platforms, walls, pavilions on 25, about 100 meters of this section of the Great Wall there is an enemy building is also rare.
- The Great Wall has double-sided battlements - while other sections of the Great Wall have battlements on the outer side, the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall has battlements on both sides. The two walls of the Great Wall at Mutianyu are the bunkers for the defending generals to fight against the enemy. The two battlements wall means that the two sides are fighting with the enemy, which shows the important strategic position of the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall in history.
How to get to the Great Wall at Mutianyu
Mutianyu Group Tour Bus at Chaoyangmen Station
This is the easiest way to get to the Mutianyu, and costs $37 per person, which includes admission, transportation, shuttle, and English. The tour guide, and lunch is included! All of these are included!Not only that, if you bring your friends along, the second person will have a 25% discount and the third person will have a 35% discount. Have you ever seen a discount that big? Oh, you may have seen so many discounts at brand stores in American outlet stores.
Not only that, if you bring your friends along, the second person will have a 25% discount and the third person will have a 35% discount. Have you ever seen a discount that big? Oh, you may have seen so many discounts at branded stores at Premium Outlets in the US.
How to tour Mutianyu Great Wall
Take the box cable car up to the top of the Great Wall. We're here to climb the Great Wall, not the mountain.
In 7 minutes or so, you'll go up to Beacon 14, and from this small opening, all the way west, it's the quintessential route to enemy buildings 14-20!
Looking up in the distance, you can see the 20th enemy building we'll be ascending, and from 18-20, this section of the Wall slopes progressively steeper. The Wall just ahead of us is gentler, and better for warming up our bodies.
There is a boundary tablet in the 18th enemy building, on the tablet it is written: the east of the meandering is Mutianyu place, the west of the meandering is Jialing place, Jialing is connected with Mutianyu and arrow buckle, Huairou Great Wall is one of the 20 passes.
Looking from Enemy Building 19 to Enemy Building 20, over 400 stairs await you!
Once at the top, the clouds give you a great view of the mountains! It was worth all the sweat before!!!
The Great Wall meanders up and down like a dragon, with infinite scenery at its dangerous peak. The transformation into joy and worthiness. History continues to play out, promise me you'll visit Mutianyu once, okay?
More Tips to Hike Mutianyu:
When you get to Mutianyu and everything is ready, where do you climb up from? How do you walk most comfortably and how do you not miss a great view? There is not really a single answer to this question, there are 1,000 ways for 1,000 people, but there is always the best way for the moment.
- Take the box gondola to Beacon 14 (about 6 minutes). It's suitable for all seasons, for old people, kids, everyone.
- Take the ropeway to the platform in the middle of Beacon 5-6 (about 5 minutes). Not suitable for the elderly, children, and special weather.
- The nearest to the entrance to the fortress on foot is the No. 6 Beacon Tower. (Approximately 1 hour, depending on the person).
Recommended Tour Operator - Great Wall Adventure Club.
Please visit the Mutianyu Great Wall Group Tour program. Make sure you ask for the discounts!!
If you prefer a private tour, please check their Mutianyu private tour program.
Welcome to Mutianyu!