There are 2 prepaid SIM cards in Trinidad and Tobago;
- Digicel Trinidad and Tobago
- They both offer 2G, 3G and 4G/LTE services with very good frequencies.
Purchasing a Prepaid SIM card in Trinidad and Tobago
- You have the option of either providing your identification (ID or Passport) or not providing them at all.
- Either way, it's acceptable so don't worry about the legality of your registration.
- This is a Telco service provider of the Telecommunication Services of Trinidad and Tobago, TSTT.
- This is a joint venture between Cable and Wireless network, 49% and the Trinidad and Tobago government with a 51% share.
- This is the telecommunication giant and is the better network provider.
- Their network coverage is however poorer than Digicel's.
- 4G/LTE services are only available in the major cities such as the capital, Port of Spain, San Fernando and Scarborough. The services are available for all prepaid customers without any surcharging.
NOTE: The bmobile rates are without any taxes, so to calculate your final price add a 12.5% VAT sales tax.
Where to Purchase bmobile Prepaid SIM cards
- They are available in Piarco Airport at their bmobile store.
- You can also purchase them in their outlets countrywide and in malls such as Trincity Mall, West Mall and Gulf City.
- In the major cities- Scarborough, Port of Spain and San Fernando- bmobile SIM cards are available in all TSTT stores.
bmobile SIM Cards Prices
They are 3 bmobile SIM cards;
- Standard SIM cards (Mini)
- Nano SIM
- Micro SIM
The following bmobile SIM cards come with credit valid for 30 days after their activation.
- TT$50 comes with TT$25 worth of credit
- TT$75 comes with TT$75 worth of credit
- TT$100 comes with TT$150 credit
- TT$200 comes with TT$300 credit
- TT$300 comes with TT$500 credit
How to Activate Your bmobile SIM card
- Insert your SIM card into your phone
- Then dial 800- 3745
- You will receive a confirmation message
bmobile Top Ups
- They are available as scratch cards worth TT$ 20, 50 and 100 and e cards.
- Visit any bmobile shops and stores countrywide. They always have a bmobile sign.
- To top -up dial *135*voucher number#
- To check balance dial *120#
Unlimited bmobile Minutes and Data Plans (Including Tax)
- For TT$ 22.50, you get 30 anywhere minutes valid for 1 day.
- For TT$ 45.00, you get 75 anywhere minutes valid for 3 days.
- For TT$ 111.37, you get 175 anywhere minutes valid for 7 days.
- For TT$ 241.85, you get 200 anywhere minutes, 20GB data and 1GB data roaming valid for 30 days.
- For TT$ 392.62, you get 400 anywhere minutes plus 3GB data roaming valid for 30 days.
- For more information, visit their website http://www.bmobile.co.tt/
2. Digicel Trinidad and Tobago
- They have a better network coverage than bmobile but their rates are similar.
- It is the fastest network in Trinidad and Tobago and has won numerous speed test awards.
- Digicel has also proved to have the best network coverage in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Unlike bmobile, Digicel's rates exclude the 12.5% VAT sales tax.
Digicel SIM Cards
They are available in;
- Piarco Airport at their Digicel store
- Malls, stores and outlets countrywide
- They cost TT$49 and come with TT$20 credit.
- The SIM cards are either Standard (Mini), Nano, and Micro. For 4G/LTE services, you'll need a 4G enabled SIM card.
- Top Ups are available and can be made by e vouchers and scratch cards.
- To top up dial *121*voucher number# . To check balance, dial *120#
Digicel Data Packages