- Sidi Bou Said is a small Tunisian historical town not very far from Carthage, most people do a combined tour of both Sidi Bou Said and Carthage.
- It takes 15 minutes to walk from Carthage along the Rue du Maroc main road to Sidi Bou Said.
How to Get to Sidi Bou Said from Tunis
- Use the TGM light rail from Tunis Marine station. A ticket to Tunis Marine to Sidi Bou Said costs TND 0.65.
- However, you won't get dropped at Sidi Bou Said metro station since it's still under construction. You'll alight at Carthage- Presidence station then you'll be transferred by bus to Sidi Bou Said station.
- NOTE: The bus transfer fees are included in the train ticket you bought at Tunis Marine station.
- To get back to Tunis, purchase your train ticket at the small ticket office outside the construction area of the Sidi Bou Said TGM station. You'll be transferred by bus alongside other travelers to Carthage-Presidence station where you'll take the train back to Tunis Marine station.
Getting around Sidi Bou Said
- Walking -Sidi Bou Said is relatively small and it'll take you less than 3 hours to walk through all the streets.