- Basically, you can visit at any time for gorilla tracking, though some months are more favorable than others based on what you want to do.
December and January
- Probably the warmest months here, the weather is ideal for game drives and photography.
- Not as warm as January but still warm, it's ideal for game drives. Moreover, if you visit during this month you can attend the Pearl of Africa tourism expo, a 3-day expo organized by Uganda tourism board to showcase the country's tourism sector.
- The rainy season as well as tourism low season begins.
- Hotels are very cheap during this time compared to January and February.
- It's almost impossible to go on a game drive since roads are muddy, however, there's usually a 25% discount on all gorilla tracking tickets, making it the best time for budget travelers to visit.
- Conditions during this month are like those of April.
June, July, and August
- These are one of the best months to visit, it's green and the primates come out to feed, moreover it's not rainy, neither is it too hot.
- However, rates are highest during this time and tickets get sold out at a very fast rate.
September, October, and November.
- This is a period of short rains, not very ideal for gorilla tracking but it's the best time to visit Kampala ( city's largest festivals take place during these months)