Uganda or The Pearl of Africa, as it is commonly referred, is considered to be one of the many tourists' destinations in Africa.
You may wish to visit the land of crested cranes, but first, you need to know the following about the acquisition of a Ugandan Visa.
- Visas are required by all nationals except nationals from Cyprus and Malta.
- If you happen to possess a passport from any East African country, you don't require a Visa to enter Uganda.
- NOTE: you can acquire your Visa by visiting the Ugandan Embassy or High Commission or by online application through the e-Visa system.
- Nationals from Kenya and Rwanda can acquire a common East African cross-border Visa which allows you to travel to any of the three countries.
- As previously stated, you can either visit the Ugandan High Commission in your country of residence or apply online.
- NOTE: opening hours during working days vary depending on your country.
Visa types and costs
- Single entry e-Visa: costs around $50 while an East African e-Visa costs around $100.
- Single entry advanced Visa: costs around £40 while an East African advanced Visa costs around £70.
- Multiple entry e-Visa: costs vary depending on the duration of stay.