Xiamen is a coastal tourist city in Fujian Province, South East of China. The weather is very cozy in November with the temperature of around 25°C( 77°F ).
Though Xiamen is a tourist city, I managed to find some nice places that not frequented by tourists. Here are where I visited:
Yanwu Bridge is located in the south rim of the Xiamen Island.
- Transportation: You can get there by bus 122/659/857/48 etc.
- Things to see:
- It features a panorama viewing deck from where you can see the Xiamen Twin Tower.
- You can either walk along the coastal path or enjoy clean white-sand beach with shades from the world's closest-to-the-sea Yanwu Bridge.
Shapowei Art Zone
Shapowei Art Zone is within walk distance from Yanwu Bridge. It is a great place to hang out for the young people, you can see the art fairs whenever you go while enjoying fresh snacks and drinks.
I went back to Jimei District by MTR Line 1. The Longzhou Lake is there to greet me at the exit. It is a perfect place for a night jog.
Other interesting places to recommend:
- Zhongshan Road: not far from Shapowei. A famous tourist shopping place with many unique gift shops and boutique stores
- Jiageng Park: 3min walk from Longzhou Lake & free after 5:30pm, a park to honor Mr Tan Kah Kee, an overseas Chinese entrepreneur, for his love for his hometown.