There are only two ways to get to this tropical paradise;
- By air.
- Through the sea.
Flying to Zanzibar
- Flights to Zanzibar international airport are available at all airports in Tanzania.
- You can also catch a flight to Zanzibar at JKIA in Nairobi and Moi International airport in Mombasa.
- Flights cost between 50-100 USD.
- At the airport, there are taxis which can take you to your hotel.
Boarding the ferry
- Ferries operate daily between Dar-es-salaam and Zanzibar.
- The ferries run from 4 a.m to 12 p.m
- The ferry station is located in downtown Dar-es-salaam.
- It's a 70 minutes ride and costs between 35-50USD.
- The waters are usually rough hence seasick tourists should opt for a flight.
- Ferries have both first class and economy class sections.
- When on the ferry be alert as cases of pickpocketing are very common.
Now that you've arrived enjoy magical Zanzibar!