Zhuo'er Mountain is part of the Qilian Mountain range in Qinghai, Northeast of China. It's close to the Zhangye rainbow mountain range.
We went last week as June - August is the best time to visit, you can see the beautiful yellow rape flower fields mixed with layers of lush green.
It's very easy to get to:
- take a bus from Xining bus station directly to Qilian County
- ride time 5-6 hours
- frequency: 5 buses per day
- cost 55rmb per ticket
- once you arrive in Qilian bus station, you can take the shuttle to the scenic area, it's very close
The entrance ticket is 60rmb+20rmb buggy ride. It will then take about 1 hour to climb to the top for the panoramic view <3
Note to visitors:
- if you go before June there's not gonna be rape flower fields, will be bare
- you should bring an extra jacket if you wan to climb up the mountain, it's cold up there
- it's not a huge scenic area, less crowded also compared to other sites in the area. 3-4hours should be enough to see everything