Public Transportation (3) Visa To China (2) Metro (2) Local Customs (2) Money (2) MTR (1) Currency Exchange (1) Entry Requirements (1) English (1) Tap Water (1) Visit China For Business (1) Visit China (1) Mobile Phone (1) Data (1) Border Crossing (1) Uber (1) Bus (1) Language (1) Sim Card (1) Customs (1) Water Safety (1) Taxi (1) Subway (1) Tight Budget (1) Water (1) Tipping (1) Technology (1) Money Exchange (1) Airport (1) Train (1)
Show more categories (20)
Menghan Travelled to 32 countries / regions
There are multiple ways.
- There is a train plugged into the metro system from Shenzhen Futian Border and Luohu Border to Hong Kong.
- You can reach…
Do you need one?
- If you only plan to visit Shenzhen, you can get a 5-day visa-on-arrival at the border. You don't need to apply for a regular…
- In general, the best way to get cash in Hong Kong is to use the ATMs because ATMs in Hong Kong do not charge fees for using foreign…
Melissa C Travelled to 24 countries / regions
The new Railway is the best way to transit between Hong-Kong and mainland, there are multiple lines opened up, you can quickly travel from HongKong to various cities…Show more
- During my time in Hong Kong I used the city's excellent public transportation system on a daily basis. It's probably one of the most extensive in the world…
- As a tourist in the 2020s, one of the smartest things to do when traveling is to get a local SIM card on your phone so you can…
- Tipping is absolutely not expected in Hong Kong and is not part of the culture, including at:
- Hair salon
- Massage therapists
- Most visitors need to fill out the arrival card upon entry into Hong Kong. The only people who do not need to complete the arrival card are:
- The native language spoken in Hong Kong is Cantonese, and writing is in traditional Chinese characters. Besides Cantonese, about half of the locals also can speak Mandarin, although…