With the recent shooting of Star Wars in Tunisia many tourists have been flocking the country and wanting to capture the country's scenic views on camera.
How to…Show more
- Carthage (Ruins of Carthage) is an ancient city that is located 15 km north of Tunis.
- The easier way to get to Carthage from Tunis is by taking…
- This is the easiest way to cross the border overland between these two countries, and the only train connection between Algeria and Tunisia. You can't move to Algiers…
- Sidi Bou Said is a small Tunisian historical town not very far from Carthage, most people do a combined tour of both Sidi Bou Said and Carthage.
- Basically, there is no metro/train service from the airport to the city (Tunis) which is about 6km away, which leaves buses being the cheapest transport option for movement…
- The rail service in Tunisia runs between Tunis, Sousse, Sfax, El Jem, Touzeur and Gabes.
Tunisia rail map
- The main train lines run north-south from Tunis - Gabes…
Official Tunisia currency: Tunisia Dinar
Where to exchange currency
- Exchanging your cash for Dinars at local banks, foreign exchange bureaus and post offices is cheaper than withdrawing…
- There are two categories of long-distance buses in Tunisia
- National buses
- Regional buses
- Both National and regional buses share bus stations all across the country. These stations are…
- Louages are long-distance shared taxis. You'll have to take one when going to areas not covered by train or bus within Tunisia since they are the only means…
- Personally, I didn't need a visa to visit Tunisia since I come from Uganda, citizens of up to 97 countries can visit Tunisia without visas for up to…